By Jim Southard
It’s that time of year again! Birds are chirping, days are getting longer, and the school year is coming to a close. While you’re preparing to close up your classroom for the summer, here are 7 easy steps for shutting down your Lightspeed audio system to ensure it’s in tip-top shape when the new school year rolls around.
- Charge the microphone batteries fully after the last day of use. This takes 8-10 hours, and remember to turn off the microphones.
- Disconnect the microphones from the charger.
- You may wish to remove the batteries and store them with the microphone(s).
- To conserve electricity, unplug your system from the wall power outlet.
- Store systems and mics together in a place where they will be safe from damage while summer projects or cleaning might take place.
- The batteries will hold a residual charge over the summer, and will only need to be charged up overnight before the first day of use.
- If there will be construction and/or renovation in a particular area or room, some type of bag or covering for the amplifier will help protect the components.
Individual teachers can perform these simple maintenance steps, so feel free to share these easy tips with your team!
As always, please feel free to contact our Service Department with any questions. We are available via phone from 5 AM to 5 PM Pacific Standard Time. Our Service email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget – Your Redcat is extremely portable!
The plug and go system has no installation, making it easy to transport for use during summer programs with students, and for professional development sessions with teachers.
The new Redcat Access rechargeable battery transforms the audio system into a truly portable unit that will operate for up to 15 hours on a single charge! (Only available for systems purchased after June 1, 2016.)
Also, keep your Redcat or Redcat Access safe on the go with the new carry case, which includes internal padding to keep your components organized and safe.
From the entire Lightspeed Service Team, best wishes for a great summer!